Date: Friday 27 Apr, 2018
Salary: circa £25,000 per annum, dependent on experience (Negotiable)
Type: Permanent Vacancy (Fulltime)
This is a brand new opportunity to work for a leading manufacturing company who offer the chance to progress over time within your health and safety career, and provide amazing support and development. In this role, you will have joint responsibility to the health and safety managers within the company, both on-site and remotely. You will be responsible for ensuring that the products and services of the company are fit for purpose whilst meeting both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations.
QEHS Engineer – Anglesey – What will I be doing?
- Working with the operational team to ensure quality standards are met and supporting the promotion of performance improvements
- Setting quality assurance compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved
- Working with the local innovation team to ensure that product development meets with the relevant quality standards, by providing testing, verification and validation support
- Carrying out product validation and first stage checks in line with operational requirements
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers, and ensuring the supply chain is routinely validated
- Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation
- Working with the operations management to agree standards and establish clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply
- Working with management to ensure that the integrated quality management system is implemented
- Supporting local operational teams in the establishment and implementation of local procedures
- Collating and reporting performance data and charts against defined parameters
- Writing technical testing and validation reports
- Liaising with customers' auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers' specifications
- Working with management to support external 3rd party accreditation to relevant standards
- Ensuring compliance to standards of service for customers or clients
- Working with management in relation to conformance to all company requirements and other general compliance
- Carrying out incident investigations and ensuring reports are accurate and recorded in a timely manner
- Ensuring all operations have suitable and sufficient risk assessments, and that they are regularly reviewed
- Carrying out routine site tours to ensure all safety, fire, security and environmental standards are being complied with
- Ensuring all monthly and quarterly reports for the site are completed on the company’s online database
- Responsible for all internal audits across the site
QEHS Engineer – Anglesey – What skills do I need to have?
- Experience of working in a similar role within electrical, mechanical or manufacturing environments
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification would be advantageous
- Experience of day to day quality management in a medium to large organisation
- Understanding/proven knowledge of business strategies
- Dealing with corporate requirements
- Must be able to make decisions and solve problems using initiative
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and comfortable working with bespoke software systems
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday
Salary: circa £25,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
At Letterbox Recruiting, it is part of our process to meet with every candidate face to face for an internal registration interview. We will go through your experience and CV in greater detail ensuring no stone is unturned and, if requested by our clients, ask you to complete online computer assessments relevant to your application. It is these additional services which ensure we find you the best match possible, and in turn offer the highest calibre of candidate for our clients across North Wales and Chester. We want your next permanent opportunity to last the next 10 years, not 10 weeks, and ultimately be the perfect fit for you.
In addition to this, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of our recruitment consultant Miriam, whose background and focus is purely permanent recruitment and headhunting, to guide and assist you throughout the process from application to offer to placement. Please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me: search for Miriam Kisby.
Should this role be of interest to you, it is a quick and easy process. Click the Register To Apply Button below, or for existing users click the Login To Apply Button below.
For more information about this, or any of our other available jobs, permanent, temporary, fixed term or contract, please contact Letterbox Recruiting Ltd – Award- winning Office and Executive Recruitment Agency in north Wales covering: Gwynedd (Bangor, Bethesda, Caernarfon, Llanberis, Penygroes, Criccieth, Porthmadog, Pwllheli) – Anglesey (Llangefni, Menai Bridge, Valley, Amwlch, Holyhead, Beaumaris) - Conwy (Llanfairfechan, Llanwrst, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Kinmel Bay, Abergele) – Denbighshire (Prestatyn, Rhyl, St. Asaph, Denbigh, Ruthin) – Flintshire (Holywell, Flint, Mold, Deeside, Ewloe, Connahs Quay, Hawarden) - Wrexham
Print Register to apply Login to apply Forgotten your password?
Email to a friend