Category: IT (including Design & Development)
Date: Thursday 19 Apr, 2018
Salary: circa £21,000 per annum (Negotiable)
Type: Permanent Vacancy (Fulltime)
We are looking for a proactive and dedicated candidate to be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support for our client. You will oversee the company’s helpdesk, work to resolve any IT related issues, and work as the first point of contact for our client’s IT department. If you are looking for a chance to develop your skills further within an IT career, and be able to benefit from working for a leader in their field, make sure you apply today.
IT Support Technician – Flintshire – What will I be doing?
- Providing 1st and 2nd line technical support for all the users who need access to the company's computer systems
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support to service users
- Escalating IT issues to appropriate IT Team Member where necessary
- To assist in maintenance, installation and repair of the company’s IT facilities to ensure continuity of service is provided to IT users
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft Desktops
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Completing internal user moves including phones (patching of network and phones)
- Troubleshoot Network Connectivity issues
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR guidelines
IT Support Technician – Flintshire – What skills do I need to have?
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar IT Support Role
- Experience in supporting a MS Windows environment
- Microsoft Professional Qualification (desired) or relevant experience
- Understand the importance of a production environment
- Previous experience of providing 1st & 2nd line support for a workforce
- Knowing when to escalate problems to 3rd line support
- Knowledge of Windows/Microsoft Operating Systems
- Be able to work part of a small IT Team
- Able to take action to keep own knowledge up to standard and draw from experiences
- Friendly and approachable person who is a good communicator
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work in a methodical and organised way
- A team player, as well as being able to work independently
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Flintshire, North Wales
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: circa £21,000.00 per annum
Benefits: Company pension scheme and private healthcare scheme
At Letterbox Recruiting, it is part of our process to meet with every candidate face to face for an internal registration interview. We will go through your experience and CV in greater detail ensuring no stone is unturned and, if requested by our clients, ask you to complete online computer assessments relevant to your application. It is these additional services which ensure we find you the best match possible, and in turn offer the highest calibre of candidate for our clients across North Wales and Chester. We want your next permanent opportunity to last the next 10 years, not 10 weeks, and ultimately be the perfect fit for you.
In addition to this, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of our recruitment consultant Miriam, whose background and focus is purely permanent recruitment and headhunting, to guide and assist you throughout the process from application to offer to placement. Please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me: search for Miriam Kisby.
Should this role be of interest to you, it is a quick and easy process. Click the Register To Apply Button below, or for existing users click the Login To Apply Button below.
For more information about this, or any of our other available jobs, permanent, temporary, fixed term or contract, please contact Letterbox Recruiting Ltd – Award- winning Office and Executive Recruitment Agency in north Wales covering: Gwynedd (Bangor, Bethesda, Caernarfon, Llanberis, Penygroes, Criccieth, Porthmadog, Pwllheli) – Anglesey (Llangefni, Menai Bridge, Valley, Amwlch, Holyhead, Beaumaris) - Conwy (Llanfairfechan, Llanwrst, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Kinmel Bay, Abergele) – Denbighshire (Prestatyn, Rhyl, St. Asaph, Denbigh, Ruthin) – Flintshire (Holywell, Flint, Mold, Deeside, Ewloe, Connahs Quay, Hawarden) - Wrexham
Register to apply
Login to apply
Forgotten your password?
Email to a friend