Date: Wednesday 21 Mar, 2018
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Type: Permanent Vacancy (Fulltime)
Are you a compassionate, patient, and dedicated individual with management experience who will be able to embrace the various responsibilities which come with a varied and often emotional work environment? We are on the lookout for an exceptional candidate to undertake a brand new role managing a picturesque memorial park based in Flintshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the memorial park facility as well as the management of the 3 current staff members. With responsibilities including cremation duties, undertaking chapel attendance, liaising and sympathising with mourners, and ensuring the highest level of service for members of the public, this unique role will push the boundaries of anyone’s career.
Memorial Park Manager – Flintshire – What will I be doing?
- Install, monitor and oversee all systems within the service covering Health and Safety, staff recruitment, appraisals, performance and training in consultation
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of all areas of the facility especially the chapel, remembrance rooms and gardens of remembrance to the highest standard
- Oversee that all plant and equipment is maintained to a high standard and in accordance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Safeguarding of identity, records and safe-keeping of all cremated remains ensuring that final disposal is in line with instructions of the ‘applicant’ for cremation
- Oversee the keeping of cremation records, as required by statute law, and records with respect to memorialisation using computer software
- Preparing and monitoring of the annual budget for the Memorial Park, and to be primarily responsible for the achievement of its cost and revenue targets
- Receipting and recording daily income and ensuring its safe custody and arrangements for banking
- Order supplies as required in line with any standing orders, ensuring value for money, and certifying accounts for payment
- Oversee the sale of after cremation memorials
- Assist personal callers to the crematorium office concerning arrangements for funeral services, advice on memorials and records
- Verify 'time-sheets' of hours worked by all crematorium staff
Memorial Park Manager – Flintshire – What skills do I need to have?
- Staff management experience of a small close knit team
- Excellent communication skills to ensure a sensitive, compassionate and confidential manner with customers in person or on the telephone and display a customer-focused approach to service delivery
- Management experience of staff, to organise and prioritise workloads, and to lead, motivate, develop and train employees
- Use of initiative to introduce changes in response to legislative developments and competition
- Demonstrate an understanding of why equal opportunities is important in employment and provision of services
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why customer care is important in employment and the provision of services
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Disciplined in following established statutory and office procedures
- Numeracy skills sufficient to monitor budgets and deal with cash handling, recording and banking
- Strong IT skills, and knowledge of data entry on different computer systems
- A knowledge/awareness of Health and Safety policies and procedures which are relevant to crematoriums and the practices involved would be advantageous for this role
The successful candidate will be given comprehensive training to ensure that they can multi-task across the 4 roles within the crematorium. This is an active and practical role rather than management and delegation being at its core.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Flintshire, North Wales
Hours: 40 hours per week – flexibility required
Salary: £28,000.00 per annum
Benefits: Performance related bonus
At Letterbox Recruiting, it is part of our process to meet with every candidate face to face for an internal registration interview. We will go through your experience and CV in greater detail ensuring no stone is unturned and, if requested by our clients, ask you to complete online computer assessments relevant to your application. It is these additional services which ensure we find you the best match possible, and in turn offer the highest calibre of candidate for our clients across North Wales and Chester. We want your next permanent opportunity to last the next 10 years, not 10 weeks, and ultimately be the perfect fit for you.
In addition to this, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of our recruitment consultant Miriam, whose background and focus is purely permanent recruitment and headhunting, to guide and assist you throughout the process from application to offer to placement. Please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me: search for Miriam Kisby.
Should this role be of interest to you, it is a quick and easy process. Click the Register To Apply Button below, or for existing users click the Login To Apply Button below.
For more information about this, or any of our other available jobs, permanent, temporary, fixed term or contract, please contact Letterbox Recruiting Ltd – Award- winning Office and Executive Recruitment Agency in north Wales covering: Gwynedd (Bangor, Bethesda, Caernarfon, Llanberis, Penygroes, Criccieth, Porthmadog, Pwllheli) – Anglesey (Llangefni, Menai Bridge, Valley, Amwlch, Holyhead, Beaumaris) - Conwy (Llanfairfechan, Llanwrst, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Kinmel Bay, Abergele) – Denbighshire (Prestatyn, Rhyl, St. Asaph, Denbigh, Ruthin) – Flintshire (Holywell, Flint, Mold, Deeside, Ewloe, Connahs Quay, Hawarden) - Wrexham
Register to apply
Login to apply
Forgotten your password?
Email to a friend