Category: Accounts & Finance
Date: Friday 09 Feb, 2018
Salary: £20,000 - 21,000 per annum
Type: Fixed Term Contract Vacancy (Fulltime)
Office Manager / Finance Officer – Gwynedd – The job in brief
The job in brief is to support the General Manager, Team Leaders, and other departmental employees with accounts, health and safety, HR and any required reports or data entry. Experience or knowledge of an industry environment such as waste management, facilities/operations management or environmental services would be advantageous for this role. The role offers opportunities to enhance existing skills and gain new knowledge, whilst contributing to our client's growth and success.
Office Manager / Finance Officer – Gwynedd – What will I be doing?
- Overseeing all data and invoicing of contracts through the in-house systems
- Producing revenue and cost reports as requested/required by the General Manager or Regional Director by ensuring all targets are met
- Managing the processing of timesheets for contract payroll via the in-house payroll system. This includes producing reports and managing any issues
- Liaising with payroll for any relevant queries and uploading finance based data for budgets, estimates and forecasting purposes
- To resolve employee queries regarding wages, holidays and terms and conditions of employment
- Responsible for liaising with employees to ensure complete compliance for accurate payments to be made on time
- Train the team administrators to cover duties in the event of holidays or absences
- Housekeeping of the purchase order system and invoice matching
- Weekly liaison with the Finance Team to assist in the management of cash flow surrounding payment terms for clients
- Administration of contracts, personnel files and new starters
- Issuing employment contracts, induction packs etc to ensure compliance with HR and health and safety
- Dealing with customers, employees and suppliers to assist in the smooth running of contracts
- Understand and comply with agreed company administration & systems, ensuring the smooth day-to-day running and operation of the office
- Provide reception cover ensuring telephone and email messages are actioned as appropriate
- Type correspondence e.g. letters, memos and reports as directed
- Receive incoming and outgoing postal correspondence
- Maintain accurate staff personnel records, including recruitment correspondence, terms and conditions, training and induction, holiday and sickness records etc
- File all correspondence in a timely manner including inputting information onto computerised systems where appropriate
- Ensure reception is clean, tidy and a pleasant environment in which to work
- Undertake other administration duties as may reasonably be required
- Understand and comply with company health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring all are managed, displayed and carried out
- Understand and comply with internal systems
- Help to maintain and keep paperwork up to date and maintain the notice board
Office Manager / Finance Officer – Gwynedd – What skills do I need to have?
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 Business Administration or equivalent is essential
- Previous experience of using SAP is desirable
- Demonstrable strong numerical ability and interest
- Good level of competency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential
- A strong “can do” hands on approach and a willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An assertive and confident manner
- High levels of enthusiasm
- Diligent with a strong attention to detail
- Flexibility as there may be the occasional requirement to work away from the main office
- Able to work on own initiative and be independent but also be recognised as part of the regional team
- Strong multi-tasking, very organised, and able to cope under pressure
- Able to promote the company in a credible and responsible manner
- Having the energy, vitality, resilience and stamina to keep abreast of this demanding role
- Strong in planning and time management
Contract type: 6 month fixed term contract vacancy
At Letterbox Recruiting, it is part of our process to meet with every candidate face to face for an internal registration interview. We will go through your experience and CV in greater detail ensuring no stone is unturned and, if requested by our clients, ask you to complete online computer assessments relevant to your application. It is these additional services which ensure we find you the best match possible, and in turn offer the highest calibre of candidate for our clients across North Wales and Chester. We want your next permanent opportunity to last the next 10 years, not 10 weeks, and ultimately be the perfect fit for you.
In addition to this, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of our recruitment consultant Miriam, whose background and focus is purely permanent recruitment and headhunting, to guide and assist you throughout the process from application to offer to placement. Please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me: search for Miriam Kisby.
Should this role be of interest to you, it is a quick and easy process. Click the Register To Apply Button below, or for existing users click the Login To Apply Button below.
For more information about this, or any of our other available jobs, permanent, temporary, fixed term or contract, please contact Letterbox Recruiting Ltd – Award- winning Office and Executive Recruitment Agency in north Wales covering: Gwynedd (Bangor, Bethesda, Caernarfon, Llanberis, Penygroes, Criccieth, Porthmadog, Pwllheli) – Anglesey (Llangefni, Menai Bridge, Valley, Amwlch, Holyhead, Beaumaris) - Conwy (Llanfairfechan, Llanwrst, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Kinmel Bay, Abergele) – Denbighshire (Prestatyn, Rhyl, St. Asaph, Denbigh, Ruthin) – Flintshire (Holywell, Flint, Mold, Deeside, Ewloe, Connahs Quay, Hawarden) - Wrexham
Register to apply
Login to apply
Forgotten your password?
Email to a friend