Date: Friday 09 Feb, 2018
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum, dependent upon current level of experience
Location: North Wales
Type: Permanent Vacancy (Fulltime)
Quantity Surveyors – North Wales – The job in brief
The job in brief is to join one of North Wales’ most progressive and forward-thinking construction companies during a period of continued growth with large scale, and exciting, multi-phase developments underway. This is an opportunity to work with one of North Wales most dynamic construction companies so apply today to avoid missing out on these opportunities.
Quantity Surveyors – North Wales – What will I be doing?
- Procuring site materials, labour and plant as required
- Comparing and analysing rates to find the most cost-effective solutions
- Negotiating rates and discounts
- Evaluation of contract documentation
- Dealing with subcontractor payments
- Setting out bills of quantities
- Settlement of final accounts
- Monitoring progress and reporting
- Preparing subcontract proposals
- In conjunction with site management, holding pre-contract award meetings with selected subcontractors
- Re-measuring subcontract works when required, checking for accuracy
- Preparing tender documents to suppliers and sending out enquiries
- Preparing purchase orders and forwarding to suppliers ensuring all terms and conditions are agreed
- Attending internal site meetings as required
- Updating procurement schedules
- Receiving and resolving any queries raised by accounts in checking invoices against orders and proof of deliveries
Quantity Surveyors – North Wales – What skills do I need to have?
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or qualified by experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own workload and supervise staff effectively
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Benefits: Car Allowance, Life Assurance, Private Medical Cover
At Letterbox Recruiting, it is part of our process to meet with every candidate face to face for an internal registration interview. We will go through your experience and CV in greater detail ensuring no stone is unturned and, if requested by our clients, ask you to complete online computer assessments relevant to your application. It is these additional services which ensure we find you the best match possible, and in turn offer the highest calibre of candidate for our clients across North Wales and Chester. We want your next permanent opportunity to last the next 10 years, not 10 weeks, and ultimately be the perfect fit for you.
In addition to this, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of our recruitment consultant Miriam, whose background and focus is purely permanent recruitment and headhunting, to guide and assist you throughout the process from application to offer to placement. Please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me: search for Miriam Kisby.
Should this role be of interest to you, it is a quick and easy process. Click the Register To Apply Button below, or for existing users click the Login To Apply Button below.
For more information about this, or any of our other available jobs, permanent, temporary, fixed term or contract, please contact Letterbox Recruiting Ltd – Award- winning Office and Executive Recruitment Agency in north Wales covering: Gwynedd (Bangor, Bethesda, Caernarfon, Llanberis, Penygroes, Criccieth, Porthmadog, Pwllheli) – Anglesey (Llangefni, Menai Bridge, Valley, Amwlch, Holyhead, Beaumaris) - Conwy (Llanfairfechan, Llanwrst, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Kinmel Bay, Abergele) – Denbighshire (Prestatyn, Rhyl, St. Asaph, Denbigh, Ruthin) – Flintshire (Holywell, Flint, Mold, Deeside, Ewloe, Connahs Quay, Hawarden) - Wrexham
Register to apply
Login to apply
Forgotten your password?
Email to a friend