Category: Financial Services
Date: Tuesday 19 Sep, 2017
Salary: Competitive basic salary, dependent on experience (Negotiable)
Type: Permanent Vacancy (Fulltime)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a modern and progressive finance company based in Flintshire. Our client is looking for experienced Technical Underwriters to join their growing team. Would you love the chance to work in a fun and fast paced work environment and grow your existing skill set? This is the possibility to work for a company who is always a step ahead of the rest.
The successful candidates will be providing advice and support for all levels of employee, and implement improvements for documentation, report systems and schemes.
Key responsibilities for the role of Technical Underwriter:
- Providing technical underwriting advice and support to managers, team leaders and staff
- Assisting management with scheme development including ratings
- Creating policy documentation for new schemes as required
- Reviewing and developing systems, procedures, and any relevant documentation
- Providing a comprehensive support service to several managers
- Liaising with various departments, customers, clients and companies regarding documents, processes, services and content
- Accurately inputting data
- Assisting with training of new employees when needed
- Other general duties as and when required
Key skills and competencies required for the role of Technical Underwriter:
- Previous underwriting experience from finance/insurance industry
- Management or team leader experience within a sales/call centre environment
- Qualified to at least A level standard or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A professional telephone manner
- Highly organised with excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to problem solve effectively
Hours: 9:00am to 5:30pm - Monday to Friday
At Letterbox Recruiting, it is part of our process to meet with every candidate face to face for an internal registration interview. We will go through your experience and CV in greater detail ensuring no stone is unturned and, if requested by our clients, ask you to complete online computer assessments relevant to your application. It is these additional services which ensure we find you the best match possible, and in turn offer the highest calibre of candidate for our clients across North Wales and Chester. We want your next permanent opportunity to last the next 10 years, not 10 weeks, and ultimately be the perfect fit for you.
In addition to this, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of our recruitment consultant Miriam, whose background and focus is purely permanent recruitment and headhunting, to guide and assist you throughout the process from application to offer to placement.
Should this role be of interest to you, it is a quick and easy process. Click the Register To Apply Button below, or for existing users click the Login To Apply Button below.
For more information about this, or any of our other available jobs, permanent, temporary, fixed term or contract, please contact Letterbox Recruiting Ltd – Award- winning Office and Executive Recruitment Agency in north Wales covering: Gwynedd (Bangor, Bethesda, Caernarfon, Llanberis, Penygroes, Criccieth, Porthmadog, Pwllheli) – Anglesey (Llangefni, Menai Bridge, Valley, Amwlch, Holyhead, Beaumaris) - Conwy (Llanfairfechan, Llanwrst, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Kinmel Bay, Abergele) – Denbighshire (Prestatyn, Rhyl, St. Asaph, Denbigh, Ruthin) – Flintshire (Holywell, Flint, Mold, Deeside, Ewloe, Connahs Quay, Hawarden) - Wrexham
Register to apply
Login to apply
Forgotten your password?
Email to a friend